Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Going Natural Again

For the past three years I have been  on and off with transitioning and going natural. I went natural around March 2010 and I've been trough hell and back with my hair. 



Me in Dec 2009 before I went natural a little past shoulder length


My natural hair in May 2010 it was just a mini chop to my relaxed ends
The main problem with my transitioning was the fact that my hair always fell out a lot. I didn't have bald spots or anything it was just shedding a lot.


Got a little puff bun thing

Texturized and grown out hair dye in Sept 2011 my hair was at its max length here

the cut mow-hawk in March 2012

Here was a mini guide of what I have done to my hair over the years. I relaxed my hair around the end of 2011. I wish i still had my hair like the pic of the texturized hair. It was so soft then! But after a while I didn't take care of my hair and it felt like a Brillo pad so I just cut it off and did the mow-hawk style. But now the mow-hawk is grown out and I want to do a big chop and really take the time to take care of my hair and enjoy my hairs natural curls. When I was natural my wet hair had amazing curls and I really miss that! It was definetley a nice experience for me to juggle between natural, relaxed and texturized hair. But now I am going to have an actual teeny afro and enjoy the journey once again!

3 comments:

  1. Congratz!! You should join NaturalSunshine.ning =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely a journey. I've been natural for a little over 2.5 years now and my hair is FINALLY at a length I'm comfortable with. I chopped it all off in January 2010 and wanted to smack myself for about a year and a half lol.

    I can't wait for it to become super long and fluffy...I have dreams about the looks I can achieve once it gets to that point. Whatever you decide, it's your hair and you can do whatever you want.

    ReplyDelete